This Project started with the urge to connect more with my loving mother. Making sense of her growing old and retiring from her job.After meeting Sophia an elderly retired teacher in Aldona i was excited to know more about her as she was very much like how my mother. My Film sophia is a portrait film of Sophia and through her life talks about life of elderly.
In this documentary I tried exploring the following:
1. A glimpse into the daily routine of an elderly lady. We hear Mrs. Sophia’s thoughts on her past, her joys, her sorrows, and her timeless wisdom. She shares anecdotes of Aldona's rich cultural heritage, bridging the gap between the traditions of yesteryears and the complexities of the modern world.
3. the tapestry of memories and the beauty of the ordinary.
4. Life of elderly living by themselves, their physical and emotional state
6. Ode to the simplicity of life, to the wisdom found in silence, and to the beauty that can be discovered in the most ordinary moments.
7. The life of Mrs. Sophia, a retired teacher who has chosen to embrace a quiet existence in her modest apartment and Her poignant reflections, and timeless memories that define her world.